Tutee's Statement of Understanding of Peer Tutoring Program (PTP) Policies and Procedures SPRING 2015
I understand that the PTP operates according to the following policies and procedures:
- I must regularly attend class for the course in which I am receiving tutoring.
- No more than one (1) one-hour sessions per week is permitted. The PTP will award me a specific number of hours based on the number of remaining weeks in the semester (up to a maximum of twelve (12) one-hour sessions).
- I am eligible for tutoring in one course per semester, the only exception being for foreign language courses.
- Tutees are accommodated on a first-come, first served basis with tutoring sessions beginning after the drop/add period. Within 5 business days you should receive an email with your tutor match.
- Once I have been matched, the tutor will contact me and together we will establish a meeting time and place for the initial tutoring session. If I do not meet with the tutor within one week from his/her initial call, the tutor will be reassigned.
- After the initial meeting, it is my responsibility to stay in contact with the tutor and to confirm appointments each week. It is strongly recommended that I establish a standing weekly appointment with my tutor.
- To change or cancel a tutoring appointment, I must notify my tutor 24 hours in advance of the appointed time. Failure to cancel an appointment will be considered a no-show, and means forfeiting the tutoring session for that week. I will be required to notify my tutor before tutoring can resume. After two no-show appointments, I automatically forfeit my tutorial benefits for the remainder of the semester.
- I will be prompt for my tutoring appointments. Any time that I miss due to lateness is forfeited. The tutor is not required to wait longer than 20 minutes past the appointed time. If I miss the tutor because I am more than 20 minutes late, it is also considered a no-show. After two no-show appointments, I automatically forfeit my tutorial benefits for the remainder of the semester.
- If I miss two consecutive sessions of tutoring for reasons other than illness, family emergency, or University-sponsored event, I will forfeit my privilege to receive tutoring for the remainder of the semester.
- If I withdraw from the course I am being tutored in or want to drop tutoring for any reason, I must contact my tutor and the PTP Coordinator immediately.
- I will be required to arrive prepared for my tutoring sessions; i.e., read class material, attempt to do homework assignment, and prepare questions. I will bring my course materials (text, lecture notes, etc) with me to my tutoring sessions.
- Tutoring sessions cannot be transferred to another student.
- At the end of the semester, I must fill out a PTP evaluation form and return it.
- All PTP tutoring will stop on the last day of classes.
NOTE: If you have any scheduling difficulties, personality conflicts or other concerns with your tutor, please contact the Peer Tutoring Program, as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919-684-5917).