Clery Incident Report Form Crimes
The following crimes should be reported using this form:
- Murder/Non-Negligent Manslaughter – The willful killing of one human being by another.
- Negligent Manslaughter – The killing of another person through gross negligence.
- Forcible Sex Offense – Any sexual act directed against another person forcibly and/or against that person's will; or not forcibly or against the person's will where the victim is incapable of giving consent.
- Non-Forcible Sex Offense – Unlawful, non-forcible sexual intercourse.
- Robbery – Taking or attempting to take anything of value from the care, custody or control of a person or persons by force or threat of violence and/or by putting the victim in fear.
- Aggravated Assault – Unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury. Usually accompanied by the use of a weapon or by means likely to produce death or great bodily harm.
- Burglary – Unlawful entry of a structure to commit a felony or a theft.
- Motor Vehicle Theft – The theft or attempted theft of a motor vehicle. There are three classes of motor vehicle (1) autos, (2) trucks and buses, (3) and other vehicles.
- Arson – Willful or malicious burning or attempt to burn with or without intent to defraud a dwelling house, public building, motor vehicle or aircraft, or the personal property of another.
- Drug/Narcotic Violations – The violation of laws prohibiting the production, distribution and/or use of certain controlled substances and the equipment or devices utilized in their preparation and/or use. The unlawful cultivation, manufacture, distribution, sale, purchase, use, possession, transportation or importation of any controlled drug or narcotic substance. Arrests for violations of state and local laws, specifically those relating to the unlawful possession, sale, use, growing, manufacturing and making of narcotic drugs.
- Alcohol Violations – The violation of state or local laws or ordinances prohibiting the manufacture, sale, purchase, transpor- tation, possession or use of alcoholic beverages, not including driving under the influence and drunkenness.
- Weapons – Carrying, Possessing, Etc. – The violation of laws or ordinances prohibiting the manufacture, sale, purchase, transportation, possession, concealment, or use of firearms, cutting instruments, explosives, incendiary devices or other deadly weapons. This classification encompasses weapons offenses that are regulatory in nature.