The following compliance resources offer expertise, resources, policies & procedures and training to the Duke community related to:
Information related to ensuring you comply with copyright laws
- IT Security Office - Copyright Concerns
- The "traditional contours" of copyright
- File Sharing and Copyright Infringement
- Copyright at Duke
Disability Management Services (DMS)
Disability Management Services (DMS) is a central clearinghouse on disability-related information at Duke University and Duke University Health System.
Effort Reporting documents that salaries, wages, and other monies received as compensation are charged in direct relation to the work performed and the amount of time spent on that work.
The Office for Institutional Equity (OIE) provides institutional leadership in sustaining a respectful and inclusive environment by:
- coordinating federal and state compliance efforts
- ensuring access to employment and educational opportunities
- providing training and consultation to the institution concerning harassment, diversity, affirmative action, etc.
Export Controls relate to Federal and other governmental restrictions on the export and/or sharing of information and materials internationally or with foreign nationals.
Human Resources (HR)
Duke University's Human Resources (HR) department is committed is to advancing Duke's strategic mission of excellence in education, research, and patient care by:
- Providing and encouraging training and education to the Duke Community
- Supporting a diverse workforce
- Discouraging harassment
The Occupational and Environmental Safety Office (OESO) supports safety throughout the Duke community by offering:
- Biological Safety
- Environmental Programs
- Fire Safety
- Occupational Hygiene & Safety
- Radiation Safety
- Health & Safety Training
Visa Services provides immigration and visa-related services to Duke University, Medical Center, Health System, and Affiliates.